Frequently Asked Questions

Agricultural Stats
     USDA Agriculture Statistics for Idaho

•Who do I contact for Animal Cruelty Issues?

•How do I contact the Idaho State Brand Inspector?

•How do I contact my Congressional Delegation?
     Congressman Raul Labrador
     Congressman Mike Simpson
     Senator James Risch
     Senator Mike Crapo

Can I burn my crop residue?

Who do I contact if I find a dead bird?

•How do I contact my local University of Idaho County Extension Office?

•Where can I find out about Food Stamps?
     Personal use 1-800-926-2588
     Business licensing 1-503-326-5971

•Frequently requested phone numbers (pdf)

•What are the rules for importing/exporting my animals?
     Within the United States of America.
     Outside the United States of America.

•About PDF documents.
What is a PDF?
     Download Adobe Acrobat

•How do I obtain a public record?

•How can I contact other State Departments of Agriculture?
     National Association of State Departments of Agriculture (NASDA)
     Association of American Pesticide Control Officials (AAPCO)

•How do I contact the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) ?
     Animal & Plant Health Inspection Service (USDA/APHIS)
     APHIS Veterinary Service
     APHIS Wildlife Service
     Farm Service Agency (FSA)
     Forest Service (USFS)
     Rural Development (USDA)
     USDA Homepage

•Useful Links
     Agriculture Acronyms (provided by (pdf)
     Agriculture Dictionary (provided by

                                                                                            Back to Top